Dr. James Lacey MD, CM, FRCSC
KPCS was founded by Dr. Lacey 17 years ago in a century old schoolhouse in Kanata is the original private cosmetic surgery facility in Ottawa.
Dr. James Lacey is a Royal College Certified Plastic Surgeon, with a Fellowship in Hand Surgery and remains an American Board Eligible Plastic Surgeon after being a certified member for 20 years. He has been in private practice performing cosmetic surgery for more than 20 years in Canada. Dr. Lacey is also on staff at Almonte General Hospital where he has performed OHIP and cosmetic plastic surgery for the past 17 years.
Dr. James Lacey attended medical school at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. Upon graduation in 1994, he went on to complete a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery residency at the McGill University Health Centre in Montreal. Dr. Lacey spent 10 years at McGill University for his training.
Dr. Lacey then assumed the role of Hand Fellow and Instructor in Hand Surgery during a one year fellowship in Hand and Microsurgery at the University of Rochester, New York.
In 2000 he founded Barrie Plastic Surgery and went on staff at the Royal Victoria Hospital (RVH) of Barrie. During his 5 years at the RVH in Barrie, he organized a hand therapy program that is essential for the treatment and rehabilitation of hand and wrist patients. He also formed a Wound Care Program to provide education, prevention, and treatment of patients with wounds. He was a member of the Women’s Breast Health Committee and participated in the local Breast Cancer Support Group because of his interest in breast reconstruction. While in Barrie, Dr. Lacey had staff privileges at the Collingwood Marine and General Hospital, and Huronia District and Memorial Hospital.
For several years Dr. Lacey also performed cosmetic surgery at the Cosmetic Surgery Hospital in Woodbridge, just north of Toronto. This hospital was dedicated solely to cosmetic surgery and was one of the oldest and most established private hospitals in Canada. It was owned and operated by the renowned and respected Plastic and Cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Lloyd Carlsen. With this experience Dr. Lacey moved to Ottawa in 2006 and founded Kanata Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery, the only stand-alone private cosmetic surgical facility in Ottawa.
Dr. Lacey has now been a cosmetic surgeon for more than 20 years. The past 17 years have seen him working at KPCS in his private operating room where he confidently performs all kinds of cosmetic surgery on his patients and proudly delivers beautiful results.
Dr. Lacey is proud that Kanata Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery also features a well-established non-surgical practice that includes neuromodulator and filler injection being done by a certified nurse injector specialists with combined experience of over 30 years. The clinic is recognized as a platinum status clinic for neurotoxin and filler.
Dr. Lacey’s experience also includes:
- Being invited to performing 6 cosmetic surgery segments on CTV Mid-day in 2015
- A cosmetic consultant to the NAV Spa in Cornwall Ontario, where he occasionally travelled to perform clinics and consults
- Having medical students and out of country visiting plastic surgeons (Canadian, middle east and Australian) observe his cosmetic surgeries
- Invited guest speaker on abdominoplasty and mastopexy at Quebec Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting in Montreal 2013. being a “luminary” physician and first physician in
- the Ottawa area to offer the Venus Freeze non-surgical skin tightening treatment (featured on TV shows such as the Doctors and Extra).
He is an active member of the:
- Canadian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery,
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgery,
- Canadian Society of Plastic Surgery,
- National Capital Society of Plastic Sugery
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons,
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario,
- Medico-Legal Society of Toronto,
- Academy of Medicine Ottawa,
- Ontario Medical Association,
and a candidate member of the:
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand.