Rhinoplasty surgery, sometimes referred to as “nose reshaping” or “a nose job,” improves the appearance and proportion of your nose, restoring facial balance and self confidence. Surgery of the nose can also improve breathing caused by airway abnormalities in the nose.
The shape of your nose is the result of heredity, although it’s appearance may have been altered by injury or from prior surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can surgery of the nose accomplish?
Rhinoplasty surgery can change:
- Nose size, in relation to the other facial structures
- Nose width, at the bridge
- Nose profile, with visible humps or depressions on the bridge
- Nasal tip, that is large or bulbous, drooping, or too upturned
- Nostrils that are large, wide or upturned
- Nasal asymmetry and deviation
Is this procedure right for me?
Nose cosmetic surgery is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
A rhinoplasty procedure is a good option for you if:
- Your facial growth is complete and you are female and 16 years of age or older, or male and 18 years of age or older
- You are physically healthy
- You have specific, but realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance
Where does the surgery take place?
The surgery is done under general anesthetic here at our private fully accredited OR in Kanata. The procedure lasts between 2-3 hours and you leave here with a nasal splint that you wear for 1 week. Most people take 7-10 days off work in order to get the splint removed and bruising to resolve. Packing is seldom used by Dr. Lacey, except when septoplasty is performed to improve breathing difficulties. The surgery is not very painful. Both open (external) and closed (internal) rhinoplasties are performed by Dr. Lacey depending on what needs to be accomplished. At the consultation this will all be discussed. A careful plan customized to your concerns and based on your anatomy will form the basis of the procedure.
Before and After
Book Your Consultation
Interested in getting more information regarding Rhinoplasty? Contact us to book your consultation.